Monday, August 9, 2021

At the Farmer's Market

On Saturday morning Sayville hosts a farmer's market at The Grange, a local park. I haven't been there to sketch in quite a while but that's where I headed. I found a spot to sit in the shade at a picnic table next to one of the booths. As I started sketching the woman in the booth yelled over that she recognized me and that I had sketched her once before when she first started working at the farmer's market probably back in 2010. I brought over the sketch and we were talking for a while. The wanted to know if I still had the original sketch and said she'd like to buy them. So now I am looking through all my sketchbooks for the other sketch of "Sweet Melissa."



7 comments:

  1. Wow, she remembered you and your sketch! And a sale more than 10 years later! That's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad she remembered me. That made me feel good.

      Delete
  2. Joan what a great blessing. That is simply amazing she remembered you as well as selling a sketch. Your farmer's market is full of life and color. Wish I lived close so I could come sketch with you. Thank you for letting me know your incision is healing and you are doing well. So happy you are. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much for your comment. I wish you lived close too. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. A super sketch Joan and what a super way to end your sketching day - I hope you find the other sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. I'm still looking for it. I went through one very full shelf so far and no luck.

      Delete
  4. Happy hunting! I love this sketch. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete