Saturday, March 4, 2023

Wading River Beach Club

 On the north shore of Long Island there are some beach communities right on the water like this one in Wading River which is along Long Island Sound. Of course the beach and parking are reserved for the homeowners and during the season it is nearly impossible for non-residents to park anywhere by the beach without paying a high price. But off-season it is possible to sneak into a parking lot and nobody seems to mind. I found a small lot across from the Wading River Beach Club and sat and sketched. This area seems to have some high dunes surrounding the houses. I couldn't tell if there were any rocks or cliffs going down to the water from where I was sitting.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful capture of the beach house. I suppose the parking issue is relatively common among coastal communities like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Nobody wants to share their beautiful beach communities. I know it is like that all over Long Island and parts of CT too.

      Delete
  2. I guess you get what you pay for. :-) This is a wonderful sketch.

    ReplyDelete