Tuesday, March 7, 2023

One Week 100 People - Day 2

 It is hard to find locations that have a lot of people that can be sketched. This morning I had to go to the market so I took my sketchbook with me and sketched a few people at the deli counter and around the produce. I was standing up holding my sketchbook which is not something I like to do.


I brought my groceries home, had a quick lunch and headed out to Panera. I know there is a pretty constant stream of people there. At first I sat near the window so I would see faces too.  These were easier because I was sitting down and didn't have to worry about balancing my sketchbook and materials. I eve pulled out my watercolors. A few of these ladies were seated close to me but didn't seem to notice what I was doing.


After sketching the people near me and a few at the counter I changed my table. Now I was seeing most of the people from the back.



I am more than halfway done! I will have to think of another location tomorrow.






3 comments:

  1. A favorite place I have used in the past is grocery store parking lots. I back into a space, then watch for people going into and coming out of the store. They have to carry bags or push a cart, load the car, often have little kids with them, etc. I'll probably do that toward the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may do that yet. Last time I sat in the parking lot at Costco.

      Delete
  2. We saw one person yesterday besides Gene and I. Electrician. Ha. You found some great people.

    ReplyDelete