Thursday, March 23, 2023

Flight School

I've lived out here in Suffolk County for about 16 years. MacArthur Airport is our commercial airport that has daily flights on some of the major airlines. It is about 7 miles away from me. In addition to commercial flights there are many smaller private planes. I was in the area the other day and saw a helicopter and a few planes inside a fenced area. I love to explore and ended up meandering down a street and a few driveways to find Heritage Flight Academy. Flying lessons for planes as well as helicopters are offered. Who knew??? I couldn't get near enough to see the helicopter well, but I was able to see this plane with its covering (that looks like a cap) fairly close to the fence. With the hangar behind it I had a nice background too. I will go back again and so some of the other planes...and maybe a helicopter too.


 

5 comments:

  1. That's a fun place to discover so close to home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've pulled over before to see if there was a place to park but hadn't gone behind the buildings.

      Delete
  2. Oh how fun to visit and sketch someplace so close. Super job on plane too. Hope your weekend is good. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much. I will definitely try to go back. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I love this. I am imagining that there will be a helicopter on the Scavenger Hunt list!

    ReplyDelete