Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Shiloh

 On Sunday it was pretty cold here. I had wanted to go sketch the St. Patty's Parade in Patchogue but was afraid it would be too cold. So I looked for something indoors. The Bayport-Blue Point Library was having a St. Patty's Day piano and cello concert so I headed over there. The duo, Shiloh was good. They did some traditional Irish songs and some more contemporary songs by Irish composers and groups. I got there a little too late and the closest I could get was a seat in the third row on the end on the right side. I had a limited view between people and didn't want to move around and distract the audience, but I made the best of it. Two people in the front left before they finished so I finally had a bit more of a view and could see the bottom of the cello and the side of the piano. 

When the concert was over I did show them the sketch. They were super excited to see it and both of them (and a few family members) asked for permission to take a photo of it. Barbara Feltkamp(cellist) and Phoebe See (pianist) asked if they could post it on their social media and of course I said yes.



2 comments:

  1. Ah Joan this is super sketch. I adore Irish music and I bet it inspired you as you drew this duo. Wonderful job friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. It reminded me of when I sketched in the pubs in Ireland listening to the Irish music.

      Delete