Monday, March 6, 2023

1 Week 100 People Challenge, Dish Theme & Gelli Printing


Today starts the One Week 100 People Challenge. Marc Holmes and Liz Steel host this every year. Artists from all over the world take part. The sketches can be fone from live models or photos. I have taken part since 2017. I like to do it from live models, but some days it is hard to find enough people to sketch. Today I went to the Smith Haven Mall and headed to the food court first. You know there will be people there especially since I arrived around 1:00...and I started sketching.



I did a few more at the food court (the two larger figures) and then relocated outside the Apple store. They have a table with stools so it is a handy spot to sit and sketch and there are always people in the store. I made it all the way to 27 people which was good!



I am posting other things today too.

When the Patchogue Sketch Club met last Wednesday our theme was dishes. I have this set of dessert plates designed by Guy Buffet that I love with waiters on them. They were a gift from friends. Each of the 6 plates has a different image. This one was fun to paint.

Jerry gave me roses for Valentine's Day and my plan was to use one of them to try and make a print on my gelli plate. I waited a bit too long and it was really difficult to press the flower into the paint to make the print. It would have been much easier if the petals weren't so dry. Out of the whole bouquet there was only one rose that didn't lose its petal as soon as I touched it. I got a little bit of a print, but not quite what I was hoping for. I guess I'll have to get more flowers and try again.



5 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you'll hit 100 before Friday! ;-) Have fun... I sure am! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun but I wish I could think of new places to go where there would be people. Things are too spread out here.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo, what a fun challenge and you are more than a quarter of the way there! Amazing and interesting folks at the mall. I wouldn't see half that many people even at the grocery store! The plate and silverware sketch is great. The rose came out pretty well. Interesting medium. It will be fun to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm having fun doing a little bit of different things, although the 100 people is getting all my attention right now.

      Delete
  3. Yay! You're going to hit that goal in no time!

    ReplyDelete