Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Mount Sinai Waterview and Sketchbook School Street

I drove up to Cedar Beach in Mount Sinai on Saturday. Mount Sinai is on the north side of Long Island where there are bluffs along Long Island Sound. The landscape is a bit different than the south shore...still a lot of water but the land down here is pretty flat. There was a mound of sand by the water and beyond that was a sand bar and across the inlet some rather large, expensive houses.


I have been working on my "Collage the Street" from Karen Stamper's Sketchbook Revival lesson a little bit at a time. I think it is finally done.




 

9 comments:

  1. I love your collage -- very colorful and layered in a fun way! I have to say I wasn't very inspired this year by Sketchbook Revival... hardly any of the sessions grabbed me and made me want to do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was funny but I felt the same way until I started doing a few of the sessions.

      Delete
  2. Mount Sinai is superb, .... so crisp !

    what palette did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used mostly ultramarine blue, sepia and yellow ochre.

      Delete
    2. aaah thanks.

      Same here except instead of the sepia I use burnt sienna it's a more reddisch which might be ussefull for example traffic lights and so. I also find the Naples yellow deep less pale or should I say having more hue then the yellow ochre. I remember that yellow ochre use to be a very deep warm yellow and was amazed that is wasn't the case with watercolour so I switched that for naples yellow deep, ... check it out I would say.

      Thanks for your answer.

      Delete
  3. Trying to see if Google likes me now. Your street scene came out super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok guess enough time has gone by that I am no longer on the bad list and can now comment

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Blogger is strange. I had switch to Chrome to continue using it. It no longer worked for me in Safari. Glad you are able to comment.

      Delete
  4. The landscape is super fine. Fun to try the collage. It came out delightfully.

    ReplyDelete