Friday, April 8, 2022

Surprise Sketches

 The Patchogue Sketch Club met at the library this week to do some sketches...but our subjects were a surprise. Each sketcher put an item/items into a brown bag with materials to sketch with. You were only supposed to use the materials that were in the bag. 

The first bag I picked had a wooden statue of a bird. Inside the bag were assorted pens and a marker all in the brown family. Only one was water-soluble and it turned pink when you added water. It was a challenge to get the bird to look brown. Many layers later this was what I was able to achieve.


The second bag I selected contained a large yellow onion, a small round rock and a clam shell. But the sketching materials were a red, blue and green oil pastel...no yellow! I couldn't get the onion to look like an onion, but I gave it my best shot.





2 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge your group came up with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and forced us to use materials we don't normally use.

      Delete