Tuesday, April 12, 2022

360 Degree View

 Over in the Scavenger Hunt on Creativespark.art one of the items was the view in front of you. As a challenge we were asked to sketch what was in front of us, then turn 90 degrees and sketch that view, turn 90 degrees again, and finally sketch the last final 90 degree view. My friend, Jo Castillo did the challenge so if she could do it I could too. lol I went to Captree State Park which is on the bay side. The clouds on Saturday were a feast to sketch. It was windy so I sat inside my mobile studio to do all of these.

I did the sky in front of me to start.


Still seated in the car I turned to my left and sketched this car and the buildings that house the restaurant and the restrooms.


Next I did the view 90 degrees to my left...a truck and some foliage.


This view was behind me so I backed out of my parking space, turned the car around, and reparked but in reverse in the same spot.



3 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks like a lot of fun! And challenging! And especially challenging in a car! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I think the NYC Urban Sketchers did this once in Bryant Park.

      Delete
  2. This is fun. Yours came out great. Hard in our non-swivel mobile studios. :)

    ReplyDelete