Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Across the Water & Zentangle

 While I was up at Cedar Beach I changed locations within the park and went down by the pier. I sat in my mobile studio looking at this scene while I had lunch.  I really wanted to do this but it looked like too much playing around to get the shrubbery on the cliff to look right. I took a chance and pulled out just my regular sketching pencil and I liked the result. I don't know if those big buildings are private homes, but considering I was in a rather wealthy area it is possible. The one on the left looks like it should be a hotel.


This morning I did another Sketchbook Revival session. This was with Melinda Barlow on the Art of Zentangle. I've tangled before but never with such floral designs. This was fun and is about 5 inches square.



5 comments:

  1. I love both of these! I've zentangled before too, but this looks more fun with flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've done it before but with just shapes.

      Delete
  2. Plenty more of those zentangles on her youtube channel, think she has 700+ videos. Like the first drawing and the foilage did turn out very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will have to check out her youtube channel.

      Delete
  3. Your big houses are amazing. I often wonder how anyone feels at home in a huge place like that. Zentangles are fun. I’ve not tried flowers, hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete