Sunday, April 10, 2022

Three Amigos

 This is actually one of the lessons from Sketchbook Revival given by Kris Keys called "Wildflower Floral Painting Workshop." She worked loosely on the yellow flower with watercolor pencil followed by liquid ink/watercolor. The second flower was done by wetting the paper first and then adding the watercolor. More paint was added when the area was dry. The third flower on the bottom was supposed to be done within a wet area but the color was dropped liquid from an eyedropper instead of using a brush. I had some bottles of Dr Ph Martin's liquid watercolors, but hadn't used them in eons and they were all dried out. So mine was done wet into wet with a brush. The bottles were tossed.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. I do watercolor so rarely that my frisket is always dried up. I don’t think you use frisket very much anyway. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Most times that I use frisket I regret it, or I go to use it and it is a lump of rubber. lol

      Delete
  2. Have you picked your favorite lessons yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to pick a favorite. I enjoyed the collages, especially the Collage the Street. The collages push me out of my comfort zone. I liked the zentangle one too. Did you have favorites?

      Delete