Friday, April 15, 2022

Pysanky Eggs

 On Monday I took a workshop on creating Pysanky Eggs, the wonderfully-designed Ukraine eggs. The workshop was a fundraiser for Ukraine relief given by Martha Mikkelson at PAC MoCA LI. I had taken a class on making them many years ago but I thought this would be a good review. It was fun. One of the hardest things is blowing out the eggs without breaking them or making a hole that is too large to cover.

Here I am working on my egg. (Photo by my friend, Pat Sweeney.)


Then on Wednesday I went to visit my sister, Mickey in NJ and we worked on eggs together. I finished the one that I started in Martha's workshop and created another one.


Here are my finished eggs.


Here is Mickey working on one of her eggs.


Here are a few she created.


I have another design drawn out on an egg and hope to work on it tonight or tomorrow.




3 comments:

  1. Joan what a lovely job on the eggs. I have never worked with them before but it looks like great fun. So glad to see that you and your sister enjoyed this creative endeavor together. Hope you have a great Easter. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. It is fun to work together on an art project. We've been talking about doing a pysanky day for a long time. Hope your Easter is great!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful eggs. Good for you two and how nice to get together. Yay!

    ReplyDelete