Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Sayville Walkway

I've been doing quite a lot of my sketches lately in an Arteza 5.5 in square sketchbook. The South Bay Art Association is  doing a sketchbook project and the sketchbooks will eventually be catalogued and housed in the Brookhaven Free Library. I have until the beginning of November to fill the book. Since a lot of my sketches are small I've started doing them in this book. All of my sketches are Long Island scenes. This one is part of the walkway at Sayville Marina Park.



7 comments:

  1. I see what you mean about using part of the other side to make a rectangle! How do you like Arteza paper? I've heard it isn't great...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is OK. They are small sketches so it isn't like I have to be able to lift the paint easily. It serves its purpose.

      Delete
  2. Joan I am certain you will get your sketchbook filled by November...Looks like you are already making a wonderful start. Let me know about the Arteza sketchbook . Have never used them before. Have a great weekend, friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I think I have about 9 more sketches to do. I am going to Italy and will be painting there, but those paintings will not be in this book. I want to finish it before I leave.

      Delete
  3. This is lovely, you will get it done! I envy your travel.

    ReplyDelete