Tuesday, September 5, 2023

DUMBO

I recently went with my friend, Suzala and Robin, a visiting sketcher from LA on a sketch trip to DUMBO in Brooklyn. For those who don't know it stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. Robin had sketched in the city before but hadn't been to DUMBO for the iconic view of the Brooklyn Bridge. (It was much more crowded than my sketch...maybe X50. It was a long ride in but Suzala's husband, Rick played chauffeur, tour guide and photographer for us. He gave us a tour from Long Island through the city describing and telling about each area.

This part of Washington Street is closed to traffic and there are tables set out which made sketching very convenient.





We even did a little throw down of our sketches. Left to right...Suzala, Robin, Joan.


Then we moved on to another area of DUMBO. Robin selected a different spot to sketch than Suzala and I did. We both sketched the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Again I didn't include the massive line of people waiting. I was so tempted...but resisted.


Top to bottom: My sketch, Robin's sketch of the Manhattan Bridge, and Suzala's sketch.


It is always fun to share sketching time with people from other locations.






3 comments:

  1. "Girls just wanna have fun" goes certainly up with you bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! What a super day! Love your sketches and photos. Thanks for taking me on the tour, too!!

    ReplyDelete