Thursday, September 21, 2023

Commission

A client had contacted me in the winter and told me she had seen a painting I had done of Weeks Yacht Yard for someone. She was interested in having me do one for her to be given to someone as a Christmas gift. Since I enjoy sketching and painting there I readily agreed but told her I couldn't do it at that time because all the boats there were still shrink wrapped. Spring came and went and summer arrived. It took me a while to get around to doing it because I was waiting for nice weather and tolerable temperatures. I ended up doing it over 3 or 4 days because I wanted to work on it at the same time of day so the lighting would be similar. Today I finally delivered it to the client and she was thrilled and is certain that the intended recipient will love it too.





4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful finish on this. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks so much. I'm glad it was well appreciated.

      Delete
  2. So lovely crisp !!

    No wonder she was thrilled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rene'. It always makes me feel good when someone appreciates the work I do.

      Delete