Saturday, September 9, 2023

Robert Moses Beach Sketches

 We had a heat wave that continued after Labor Day. The day after Labor Day was hot but the pool in my development had already closed for the season. I decided to go to the Robert Moses Beach hoping that there was a breeze. Rather than going down by the water (since I knew there was no chance that I was going in) I stayed up near the concession stand that now has an outdoor bar. There was beach music playing and I attached my umbrella to my chair. As long as I was in the shade I was comfortable. I had a nice view of this lady and the beach landscape behind her.


The thought crossed my mind that to cool off a bit I could go under the outside showers, but instead since I had such a good view of them, I sketched a number of people showering off.



2 comments:

  1. Ahh, lovely sketch with the woman on the beach. Bet the wash off under the showers feels good. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was fun to try and capture the shower poses. People moved around a lot more than I expected.

      Delete