Friday, January 27, 2023

Sheep in the Field

 I'm always looking for something different to sketch. I was over by the Smithtown Historical Society and figured I would sketch one of the buildings when I noticed that there were sheep in the field AND they were staying fairly still. I pulled my car up over by the fence and started with one...and then another and I continued on. At times one would get up and walk away, but most of them were staying close by and seated. It was a good way to sketch some of them.



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A surprise for sure. There were a few ponies too but they didn't stay close.

      Delete
  2. Wow Joan they are superb...we had sheep when I was growing up. They are sweet animals. We had three orphans I helped bottle feed...Mom named them Tommy, Mitzi and Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They seemed very sweet. I've been lucky to be by the other farm nearby that has sheep when the baby lambs are just born. They are so cute.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this. What a fun surprise. Great drawing. Gene's grandparents were a sheep raising family. Neither of us like to eat lamb or mutton. Ha.

    ReplyDelete