Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Oyster Bay Harbor

When I was in Oyster Bay painting the row of houses I had time to ride over to the harbor where I found this scene to paint. 


For the last Creative Spark Scavenger Hunt there were several types of vehicles on the list. I sketched a truck that was parked in the lot.


Right in town there is a motorcycle shop, 20th Century Cycles, where apparently Billy Joel has several of his motorcycles. I haven't been inside but there were two motorcycles parked across the street from it. Figuring that the people were probably in the motorcycle shop I thought I would have enough time to sketch the entire thing...WRONG! I still had the back wheel to sketch when the two men came out. Luckily they had to don their helmets and gloves which gave me just enough time to sketch the back of the cycle. Whew! I'm glad I only started the one motorcycle.



5 comments:

  1. Good job on the bike! Those are really hard -- so many pipes and weird parts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to see where and how the pieces connect. lol

      Delete
  2. Thats fun, ... thanks for the inspiration !!

    Heading off to the local motorchop now ;-)

    Anyhows I did the same think on payed parkinglots, ...
    It's lot's of fun when you don't know exactly how much time you have, ... makes you draw faster and trying to keep it simple.

    Both wel done, ... I love the moddest colour use in the landscape painting btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Working when you don't know how much time you have can be fun or stressful. lol

      Delete
  3. Beauty of a landscape. Fun vehicles. Always a challenge.

    ReplyDelete