Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sayville Boat

One of the items in the Scavenger Hunt for Creativespark.art is a boat. Since I am surrounded by them I have no excuse for not getting one done unless I am stuck in the house for 10 days. lol This boat was docked behind the Lands End Catering. I wonder how you get on and off the boat if there is no loading and unloading. lol


Karen Abend (who organizes Sketchbook Challenge) did a New Year's Challenge with prompts this week. I had planned to participate...after all it was only for 5 days, but I couldn't get excited about the prompts. I did the first two and then bailed on the others.
The first one was a rounded shape and you could do anything inside of the shape. I did a head.


The second prompt was the words "bunny + flower." For this one at least I tried something different. The bunny was done in watercolors and the flowers were done in colored markers. I'm trying to mix things up and use different materials if I can. 


The third day was too similar to the first day and I had a lot going on this week, so I stopped. That is unusual for me. Usually if I start a challenge I finish. What can I say? lol I created something every day anyway.





 

2 comments:

  1. Love these. The boat is special, I wonder if I will get out to find one. The rabbit is fun. Always good to switch it up and try new techniques and equipment.

    ReplyDelete