Monday, February 28, 2022

Hidden

 I'm not sure what this tower and small structure were used for in the past. I was in Bayport and saw just the top of the tank from a distance. The train tracks were between me and the structure, but I wanted to find a view of it. I drove across the tracks and could see bits of it, but not the whole thing. I ended up going in and out of a few driveways for businesses and knew I was getting closer. Finally I ended up going into the parking lot of the Bayport Flower Houses and going around the back of the building. I don't think I was supposed to be back there, but I kept going because I knew it was back there somewhere. It was and it was surrounded by all kinds of discarded materials from the flower house. Nobody else was crazy enough to be back there, and nobody could really see me so I sat in my mobile studio to sketch. Success!! 

I went on Google to see if I could find out what it was, but no luck.



5 comments:

  1. A very cool structure and a super painting Joan. Some times you just have to go hunting for success - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're intrepid! ;-) What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't think the search would be so difficult.

      Delete