Friday, February 11, 2022

Port Jeff Houses

 I like sketching in Port Jefferson but finding a good view of something isn't easy. A lot of the streets are steep and parking is limited. Recently I realized that there is a parking lot that faces some houses across Main Street. If I'm lucky I can get a parking spot facing the houses straight on and even though I'm across the street they are visible above the traffic because they are partway up the hill. The other day I was lucky because the spot gave me a view of more than one house. What interested me wasn't the houses right on the street, but the ones that were tucked behind them up the driveways. With them side by side I thought it was a bonus to sketch across the view.



6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I’m amazed at how you capture a scene. You have a good eye for perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It was fun to try to get so much in and where it belonged.

      Delete
  2. You really show the inclining perspective well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thanks for saying that. Hills and inclines are really a challenge.

      Delete
  3. This is super Joan. The perspective is great and the little touches, like the flags just make the scene even better,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I think I am seeing more of the details since the surgery.

      Delete