Sunday, February 6, 2022

Indoor Sketching

I had to drop off paintings for a group exhibit at one of my local libraries.  The exhibit is in a brand new building that I hadn't been in before, so I roamed around to see if it was conducive to do sketching from inside the building looking out the big windows. Prior to becoming the library the building was the St. Ursula Center Convent. It would be perfect on freezing cold days if there were good views. The views were OK but nothing to get real excited about. I ended up sitting at a table in one of the reading/work areas. There were some comfy looking blue chairs and some tables, stained glass windows...and lots of books and shelves. Lots of room for social distancing too.


At first I was the only one working in the room but then a man sat at the table in the sketch above and a woman came and sat  at a table across the room. That was too good to pass up. It has been a long time since I've been anywhere where there were captive people to sketch...probably the last time I met with the NYC Urban Sketchers in the city. So I flipped to another page in my sketchbook and sketched both of them.





5 comments:

  1. Congrats on being in a show. Also on getting out to sketch! Real people! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I am in two groups that are presently having shows. I have 2 paintings in the one at the library and 1 that will be hanging hopefully next week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It seemed strange to have people to sketch. I don't go anywhere besides a supermarket where there are people for models...well, maybe a restaurant but I don't usually sketch when we go out to eat.

      Delete
  3. Great that you're back to participating in shows and never missing an opportunity to sketch people when it presents itself.

    ReplyDelete