Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Train Travel

On Saturday the NYC virtual group had the theme of trains and train travel. I downloaded a few images from the web page we were provided and found this one of the Durango and Silverton Railroad in Colorado. I knew I wanted to do some kind of steam engine and this fit the bill.

Of course I've got a lot of memories of travel by trains having traveled on the NYC subway for years. I also did the train trip from NYC to Florida as a college student for spring break, (and never slept the entire way since I can't sleep sitting up), and used the trains in Europe many times to travel from country to country. I always thought there was something romantic about train travel,..maybe I watched too many movies. lol

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great sketch of this train. We rode it a couple of times. When David was little we rode it both directions which made a very, very long day. When we got off he said, “Are we going to get back on the train to go home?” I think he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I guess he did like it. My BIL and nephew would probably still like riding it in both directions. They are train aficionados.

      Delete