Monday, February 14, 2022

Bicycle in the Dunes

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I hope you are having or had a great day.

Ever since I attended the Symposium in Amsterdam I've had this thing for sketching bicycles. Everybody rides a bike there and they are everywhere. This bike was at the beach at Robert Moses State Park in the bike rack by the dunes. There are always bikes there. I don't know if they have been left behind or if they belong to workers at the park. I used artistic license and only did one of the three bikes that were there.



3 comments:

  1. Nice observation of the bike that's fun to sketch. True, they're not everywhere unlike in Amsterdam but in the city, they're everywhere, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I don't see too many of them around here though.

      Delete
  2. I love this, Joan. There is a painting of one with flowers in a basket at the Italian restaurant where we eat and it is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete