Friday, January 7, 2022

First Snow Painting of 2022

Overnight into this morning we had our first significant snowfall. I think that here in Holbrook we got about 5-6 inches. It is always hard to tell. Although they had predicted a little more we lucked out. But it is very cold and what moisture remains on the roads will definitely turn to black ice by morning.

I decided I didn't need to be anywhere except home, so I pulled up the blinds in my living room and squashed myself between the window and sat on the edge of one of my end tables. If the Christmas tree wasn't up I could have sat on the other end table which has more room because the air conditioner isn't on that side. I used my sketch and wash pencil and a chocolate Derwent watercolor pencil to sketch out the scene. Then I went back in with watercolors and a bit more of the chocolate pencil.

I'm glad I sketched this when I did because about 2 hours later the wind had knocked most of the snow off the trees. 



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the snow-sketching club! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I got to sketch from the warmth of my living room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing your snow! We are here in central Texas to avoid it! You do a great job sketching and painting the white stuff. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete