Thursday, January 6, 2022

Blooms Day 4 & 5

 It seemed like each day the flowers for the "5 Days of Beautiful Blooms" got a little more complex. For day 4 we were given an image of a white lily. White flowers are really hard to draw. Sarah left hers just as a line drawing but I added a little bit of color. I used the Zentangle colored fountain pens for this and a touch of watercolors.


The day 5 image was of a dahlia. They are sooooo difficult to sketch. Some have lots of pointy petals and some have a combination of a tight center and open petals along the outer part. For this sketch I started with the Zentalgle colored inks in the fountain pens in a few colors. Sarah had suggested we try to do multi media so I started pulling out other materials. I also used watercolors, Aquatone watercolor sticks, and then dome acrylic inks 


The challenge was fun. I did each flower so it was framed the same with just different colors. I put all five of them on the same page like this,



2 comments:

  1. Pretty lily. They all look so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. Glad you like the composition.

      Delete