Monday, January 10, 2022

Hearst Castle

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers did a virtual trip to Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California. Many, many years ago I toured the castle on a trip Jerry and I made along Rout1 along the coast of California. It was a great place to visit. Although I couldn't find my photos to use for an inspiration the group that organizes the virtual trips provided an entire webpage of information and photos.

Julia Morgan was the designer and architect of the estate. Part of the estate includes several guest cottages. I picked my favorite one to sketch. Looking at the outside this was my choice...although I would happily stay in any part of the estate. lol I love that he had so much artwork outside on the estate.


We had about 125 people participating from all over the world. One of the facilitators, Dina, takes group photos of each of us holding our artwork on Zoom. I am in the second row on the far left.



2 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Looks like you all had a great time. Fantastic group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo. They are a fun group to work with, especially when we aren't sketching outside.

    ReplyDelete