Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Beach Cottage

 One day last year I was riding around Hecksher State Park in East Islip, just exploring to see what was in the park. I came to a section of about 15 cottages along the water. They are all built with huge glass windows facing the bay. I've looked at photos of the insides and they are pretty nice. They have 1/2 bedrooms, a cooking area, a stall shower (I don't know if it is indoor or outdoor), and a sitting area. Every time I go past them the parking area is closed because it is off season or you need a pass. This time I decided to pull up to the chained gate and sit and sketch. At this time of the year there is nobody in this area of the park other than people driving by on their way to the park exit. Nobody bothered me. I'll have to go back and sketch another one.



5 comments:

  1. A super sketch Joan and a very interesting building although it could use some colour - like the beach huts in England - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Val! Good to see you again. I guess they want it to blend into the surroundings.

      Delete
  2. Nice…. Like Ai said, we need to rent one and paint together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like this Joan...love how you pulled the eye up the path. This would be a favorite of mine to sketch as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete