Saturday, January 29, 2022

Blizzard of 2022

 Since everyone knows the snowstorm was headed for the east coast I thought I would jump ahead with this post. The snow started right before I went to bed last night and right now (4pm) it seems to be finally winding down. Due to the snowfall and winds it was declared a blizzard. It is so hard to tell how much snow there actually was since the wind caused such drifts. I figure there is at least a foot and a half of snow. I had a lot of art activities to keep me busy indoors today including this sketch out my living room window that I just finished a little while ago.


Here are some photos I took at about 8 am this morning. It snowed continuously since then.





5 comments:

  1. Long Island got significantly higher snow accumulation whereas we got around 4 inches this area. It's beautiful outside when it snows. Good that you kept busy documenting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Usually after the snow falls I head out to take photos and sketch something. I'm not up to trecking in the snow any more.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! So happy you are safe and warm. Your sketch is delightful. I’m also happy that we don’t have snow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It looks very pretty but interferes with life too much. With our deep freeze it will be a mess.

      Delete
  3. You were in my thoughts when I heard how much snow you were going to get. Glad you stayed inside and sketched. I am originally from Ct where I always saw LI in the distance but moved to AL over thirty years ago and love being warm especially as I get older. I love seeing all your art, I miss being by the water.

    ReplyDelete