Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Week's Boats & On Exhibit

 Week's Boatyard is one of those places that I tend to go when I can't decide where to sketch. The last time I was there it was so crowded with boats in dry dock for the winter that you could barely drive in. I didn't get far onto the property when I spotted this boat that became my COI. Of course there were layers of boats behind it too.



Grand Central Terminal Expo is UP.
Come one! Come All! Come to see The work of the NYC Urban Sketchers mounted in an explosion in Grand Central Terminal. The pictures are exhibited on the temporary walls constructed in the main hall and some hallways. The exhibit will be up until the walls come down in the late spring/early summer. (by Raylie Dunkel)
While GCT is doing some construction the NYC Urban Sketchers were invited to submit samples of their sketches for an exhibition on the temporary walls. Each sketcher was allowed to submit up to 3 sketches for consideration.I know that this one of my sketches was accepted and is hanging there. I'm not sure about the others. This is the sketch that a fellow sketcher snapped a photo of when she was there today.



4 comments:

  1. I commented on the boats on wet canvas, They are soon cool. Your sketch in GCS!!! Whoopee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. It is exciting that we have been asked to display our sketches in Grand Central Terminal.

      Delete
  2. Your boat piece is great Joan. Congrats on the display at GCT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. It was nice that the display was arranged for our group.

      Delete