Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Galapagos Visit

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers virtually visited the Galapagos Islands. Our guide was one of our members, Alan Wernike who has actually visited the area. He did a wonderful introduction to the animals of the area in the morning and then a great introduction to the land forms in the afternoon. Because of the isolation of the islands and how they are protected the creatures have little or no fear of humans.

I decided to focus on some of the creatures that inhabit the Galapagos and do an entire page of small sketches. Here is how I composed the page.


Here are larger versions of each of the small sketches.










8 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh. Wonderful sketches and how nice to have a tour director. We thought of going when we were in South America and the timing never worked out. I got to go with you! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Jo. I think it was easier going this way. Glad you came along. lol

      Delete
  2. TRULY OUTSTANDING! WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Joan these sketches are terrific. Like how you designed your page too. Hope you are doing well and that you are seeing some spring signs. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you so much! These were fun and I knew I wanted to do a whole page of them. Today really felt like spring. I got to sit our and sketch.

      Delete
  4. All of this sketch's components just meld together beautifully, creating one striking artwork - my current favorite piece among your lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I appreciate your kind words. I'm glad it all worked well together.

      Delete