Sunday, March 21, 2021

Shoe - Art Supply Relay

 I am once again participating in Karen Abend's "Sketchbook Revival." Each day there are two lessons to participate/or not participate in. I know I won't have time to do all of them now but some of them I'm sure will catch my eye and I'll give them a go. Danny Gregory hosted the first lesson which was called "Art Supply Relay." We were told to get a supply of 15 different materials to draw with. They could be different media, colors, inks, etc. We were all sketching our shoe. Every minute the timer would go off and we would have to change our media. Here is my shoe after 15 changes. I used a variety of colors of Caran d'Arch pencils, markers, watercolors, oil pastels and inks, It was definitely a way to get us to try different media, see how they worked together, and basically go with the flow.





4 comments:

  1. I'm doing Sketchbook Revival too, but I'm already behind! This looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sketch of this shoe Joan. I love the colors. I went through your work. Your painting in Oakdale is amazing....and the water in Hecksher State Park was wonderful...I love the painting of the man in front of the pharmacy... how lucky he was to be able to receive his COVID shot!!!! I’m getting my second one on Wednesday and I’m a bit anxious especially after reading some comments on FB. I’m going with a positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan this sounds like great fun. That show couldn't be any cuter. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun experiment! I’m lucky to use one medium. Well done.

    ReplyDelete