Monday, March 22, 2021

U Bein Bridge

This weekend the NYC Urban Sketchers did a virtual visit to Burma, guided by one of our members, Win Naing who was born there. He gave us some suggestions of areas to focus on and in addition to focusing on the beauty of the area he discussed the present unrest and turmoil there right now. Since this was done from a photo reference (and not from life) it is not an urban sketch.

U Bein Bridge is a considered the longest and oldest pedestrian bridge made of teakwood. It is found in Mandalay, Burma. It looks so exotic in the photos I've seen but it is definitely NOT something I can see myself walking across. How about you?


 

6 comments:

  1. Very fine sketch. I looked at some photos of the bridge. The rails have more than half disappeared. I would not want to have to walk on it! yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I like to have really solid things under my feet and something to hold on to.

      Delete
  2. nice piece Joan I like the colour choices. I might be able to crawl across the bridge but I would have to be paid a lot to do it - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't even think a lot of money would make me do it. lol

      Delete