Monday, October 7, 2019

Inktober Day 7 - Bellport Scarecrow

For the last few years I have enjoyed being able to sketch some of the scarecrows hanging on the trees and lamp posts in Bellport. When I passed through the town yesterday they were being put up, so today I headed back there for my Inktober Day 7 sketch. Each scarecrow is decorated differently and a contest is held to see which is the popular favorite. Today I sketched Scarecrow #3, "The Ghost of Bob Ross." I used my Elegant Writer Pen, my Lamy Safari pen, an orange micron pen, and some colored fountain pens from Zebra. I am sure I will get to sketch a few more this month.
#inktober
#inktober2019


6 comments:

  1. This must be so much fun to see! You picked a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to see how creative the people are. Bob Ross seems to be popping up a lot lately. Just saw something on TV about an exhibit of his work.

      Delete
  2. A fun subject to sketch - nice work Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I loved Bob Ross. Happy to see this. Wonderful sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scarecrow should have come with a happy little cloud too.

      Delete