Monday, October 14, 2019

Inktober Day 14 - Hidden Buildings

When my FIL was alive he loved going to this restaurant called the 56th Fighter Squadron at Republic Airport in Farmingdale. It was designed like a French Style Allied Headquarters Farmhouse and transported you back to the era of big band music and the military. My FIL was in the Air Force during WW II and really enjoyed the place. It closed back in 2013 and the buildings sit there in some disrepair hidden by foliage that has pretty much taken over. I was in the area today and took a drive to see if it was still standing. I guess eventually it will be knocked down but at the present time it is still standing (almost), so I used it for the location of my Inktober Day 14 sketch.
#inktober
#inktober2019


2 comments:

  1. This looks like it was a special building. Love the turret and all the window panes. Lots of lovely details Joan. Have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super sketch Joan. It is nice that you captured the scene before it is totally gone. It is sad that so many such interesting places are not continuing but - time moves on!

    ReplyDelete