Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The City



Yesterday I went into Manhattan to meet friends and see the Christmas decorations. The two friends I met are not sketchers so I needed to sneak in some sketching before I met them. I took the Long Island Railroad into the city, so that gave me the opportunity to sketch people on the train. So this sketch will be added to the ones I have for the project for the military unit.


I also went into the city earlier than we were meeting so that I would have about 40 minutes to sketch before they arrived. We were meeting in Bryant Park on 42nd St to shop at the Holiday Market. Bryant Park also has a great free skating rink in the winter. It was a mild day so I found a seat near the rink and sketched until they called and said they were at the park. The rest of the sketch I finished this morning. This will also be for the project. I will have to fix this because the man only seems to have one leg...and I'm sure he had two. lol


We took a photo in front of the tree in Bryant Park but it hadn't been lit yet for the season.



From there we went up to Rockefeller Center. We had to take our annual photo in front of the Christmas tree.


We sort of blocked most of the tree in our selfie, so here is a better view of it.







6 comments:

  1. What a fun day! NYC is looking festive!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day in the city. Thanks for taking us along. Love the sketches, too. One legged skater. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed coming along. I was trying to figure out where to put his leg when my friends arrived and interrupted the sketch. lol

      Delete
  3. Nice to see the decorations already and that you had a good day with friends. Super little sketches - even the man with one leg - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to get together. I taught for many years with these two ladies and we try to get together every month or so.

      Delete