Saturday, December 15, 2018

House Commission

I have been working on a house commission for the last two weeks. I was given photos of the house but they weren't the greatest so I asked if the house was local (It was!) and went to take my own photos. Even I had a hard time getting good photos where I could see the roof line and the entire house. I ended up standing in the bushes in a lot across the street next to a park. There I was amid the thorns and the branches taking photos. You are getting a sneak peek here. I think this is 99% finished (not much needs to be added except for my signature). I think I may need to flatten it some. I hope the client and the owner of the house like it.



11 comments:

  1. Commissions are intense and tax all your brain and expertise. This is so lovely. They will love it. Applause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will LOVE it Joan. Of all things, it is the picket fence that blows me away. Did you paint it negatively- painting between the slats? Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, lots of negative painting between the slats and I went back over them a second time. I don't think I've ever seen a longer fence. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Lovely, and the trees are especially nice! I bet they'll all love it.

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hunting for little details here like you always do in your work. They will love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Mel. I hope things are better with your dad. Are you back home?

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Joan. Yes and yes.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Great job on a complicated scene - the fence alone would have driven me crazy. I am sure the client and the owners will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will definitely like this Joan!!!! Wonderful work....

    ReplyDelete