Sunday, December 9, 2018

Firetruck, Flowers and Photos

I've done a few more pieces for the military project. This was done last week in Stony Brook. I was passing a fire station and this truck was outside. I find fire trucks so colorful and interesting, but rarely see them outside where I can sketch them.


The other night I worked from one of my photos to do this painting of gladioli. I had done a similar larger painting of this scene at a farmstand out on the north fork.


Yesterday and today my plein air group, PALS, had our 9th annual exhibit and sale. Here are a few photos of some of the paintings that were done at the many locations we visited this year. In addition to the paintings hanging we had small matted pieces, cards, prints, and I had my tiles, ornaments, and books.









4 comments:

  1. The sketches for the military project are just wonderful.
    Your show looks great on the walls. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jo. I'm glad this last one is finally over and I can relax again. lol

      Delete
  2. I agree that firetrucks alway look so interesting and you did a super sketch of this one Joan. It looks like a wonderful display and I hope that you all had some sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. We did have one painting on the wall sell, but a lot of matted work and assorted other things sold really well.

      Delete