Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Indian Island Paintings

I headed out to Riverhead yesterday to do some Christmas shopping, but promised myself I would go and do 2 paintings for the troops before I shopped. (By the way I bought all of 1 Christmas gift.) I went to a spot called Indian Island County Park which is a park that has campsites and is on the water. Even at this time of year there were a few campers staying there. How do you stay warm in a camper when the temperatures are so cold? Anyway, I parked down by the water facing an inlet and painted in two different directions. As of this morning I had 14 postcards done...and I finished 2 more today.



8 comments:

  1. You are like an Energizer Bunny! The paintings are just lovely, love the colors and the textures. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! These are great, just like the rest!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Indian Island paintings are so lovely Joan. I love how you included the fence in the last one. You captured the chill in the air too. Have a delightful day - hope you get some more Christmas shopping done. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you. Hope to get some more shopping done. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. These are lovely Joan. I especially like the one with the path leading to who knows what adventure. Brrr! camping in the late fall early winter -it makes me shiver just thinking about it - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I would be too uncomfortable to camp. Thanks for your comments, Val.

    ReplyDelete