Saturday, December 22, 2018

Santa

Guess who had some Christmas shopping left to do and wanted company. My hubby always waits until right before Christmas to pick up "a few things." I told him I would go but my plan was to sketch Santa, not shop. I end up at the same mall each year, the Lake Grove Mall and I swear there is always the exact same Santa. Maybe they keep him in the back the rest of the year. Anyway, I didn't do the whole setup this year and I moved the little Christmas tree closer to his chair.


5 comments:

  1. Cute! I've noticed that, too... I go to a few different places to sketch Santa, and each year, it's the same guy! And sometimes they remember me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it isn't just me feeling that way. lol Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Nice Joan. I like your composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! The nice thing about being an artist - you can pick and choose what you want in the picture. Nice job Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I usually try to stay close to the actual scene but I really drew this one too many times and it wasn't so interesting the first time around. lol

      Delete