Friday, December 28, 2018

Barber Shop

There is a barber shop in Patchogue and I've wanted to sketch it for a while, but there never seems to be a parking space near it. What I like about this particular barber shop is that it has a big picture window with nothing really blocking the view. The other day when I passed there was a parking spot in the perfect location but the sun's glare on the window made it really difficult to see what was inside. I couldn't see the barber's hand holding the scissors so that is quite a bit off, but the glare was so bright that only when I was nearly finished could I see that the mirrors were oval, not rectangular...and they had frames around them. Who would have expected that??? lol I will continue to keep checking for a spot at a good time of day and redo this.


5 comments:

  1. Lol, you went into Automatic mode but I’m sure your critical eye saved you for an encore sketch. Can’t wait to see that one. As always, love the details..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mel. So many of the barber shops have so much stuff in the windows you can't see anything...maybe that's on purpose.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha - I would never have noticed about the hands and the scissors. Great job in spite of the problems Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, thanks. I tried imagining what it would look like but that didn't work well. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always finding the unusual. I love this, we wouldn’t know if you didn’t tell about the mirrors, etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete