Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!!!
Last night I did a sketch of one of my special Christmas ornaments. Many years ago I was in San Diego with my parents visiting my sister and her family for Christmas. One night we went to the Wild Animal Park with her boys. At the time she just had the two older boys. We went into one of the shops that had Christmas ornaments and I bought two angel ornaments that reminded me of them. The oldest, Mike, had blonde hair so I always think of him when I hang this ornament on the tree. My other nephew, Jeff, had dark hair so I bought a dark haired angel that always makes me think of him. Poor Ryan doesn't have an angel to remind me of him, but I have lots of memories of Christmases with all of them! My sister is gone now and each of the boys is married with beautiful families of their own. I love having ornaments that are so special.


3 comments:

  1. A very cute ornament and a nice memory. Merry Christmas Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. I have a lot of ornaments with special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t it fun to look at the ornaments? We have special ones, too. Nice memories.

    ReplyDelete