Thursday, December 20, 2018

Sandspit Marina

I overheard a woman talking the other day about the work being done down at Sandspit Marina in Patchogue. Apparently from the recent hurricanes and storms the jetty and part of the marina needs to be replaced, so there are several construction vehicles working there now taking out some of the rocks, silt, and whatever that is along the end of the marina. It must be a fascinating spot because while I sat there in my car there were a fair number of vehicles that pulled up to face the construction area to watch the work. Of course the majority of the cars were driven by men...I guess the construction "toys" were too good to pass up. The machine I sketched was in constant motion but the good thing was the base stayed put and only the top rotated...and it always returned to the same position. I did leave out the chain link fencing that separated the public from the action, but made sure to put in that danger sign just in case.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, you're a woman after my own heart! ;-) Can I come sketch there with you?!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan your dedication to sketching anything and everything is awesome. Hope your Christmas is wonderful and the New Year brings you many more delightful spots to sketch. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, that is so sweet. Thanks so much. I hope Christmas brings delights and smiles to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. A great sketch of the monster machine Joan - you always seem to find something of interest to sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I try to find things that are a bit different.

      Delete
  4. Joan, fantastic equipment sketching. That fits on the Scavenger Hunt by the way. Don’t know how you find the time.

    ReplyDelete