Monday, October 23, 2017

Inktober Day 23 - Sayville House & A Sale

Today I had to meet someone in Sayville for a few minutes so while I was there I found a place to sketch. At first I was just going to sketch the fountain, but I really liked the archways in the front of the house so I included a bit more. This was done with my Lamy pen which was filled with permanent ink. I touched my water brush to the pen nib to get some washes.
#inktober #inktober2017


I had painted this painting on location at Andrews Family Farm recently. I usually paint there several times each year.  The owner saw it and told me she wanted the painting. I told her I would take it home and adjust the painting indoors. My eyes have a hard time seeing what needs to be adjusted and made darker when I'm working out in the sun. Anyway the other day I went back out to Andrews Farm and delivered the painting to Denise. I think she now owns 3 or 4 of my paintings. I guess that means I have an official collector. lol


7 comments:

  1. What a lucky collector she is!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same as Tina! Congrats. I love the pumpkins and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collector is truly privileged to own some of your lovely art. I like how you added an ink wash to this great sketch Joan. Love your painting. It certainly gets me in the mood for those fall colors. Have a super day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A charming sketch - I like the arches too! The pumpkin piece is super Joan and your 'collector' is lucky to have it and so many other pieces of your art. - Good for you!

    ReplyDelete