Sunday, October 1, 2017

Inktober - Day 1 and a Bit of Wine

Yes, Inktober is back!!! For those of you who do not know about Inktober here is some information.

Inktober was created by artist Jake Parker as a challenge to improve inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. 

Anyone can do Inktober, just pick up a pen and start drawing.
INKtober rules:
1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
2) Post it on tumblr (or Instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)
3) Hashtag it with #inktober
4) Repeat (you can do it daily, like me, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.)

The sketch below was one on an outing with a few other NYC Urban Sketchers in Parkslope, Brooklyn. There are so many interesting buildings and brownstones there to catch your attention. The building I picked was mostly a red-brown...really calling for color but I resisted adding it, using hatching instead. #inktober #inktober2017


I know if I don't keep posting some of the other pieces I have, I'll end up too far behind, so some days this month I'll be posting my Inktober sketch as well as a second one.


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is fun...but hard to stay away from adding color.

      Delete
  2. Super job on the wine. I did read up on inktober and did watch a video. Know I will enjoy what you do. I always have building envy with you, your perspective is always right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nelvia, for your kind words. I always think my perspective is off.

      Delete
  3. Both pieces are excellent Joan. Good luck with keeping up with the inktober challenge. I may consider participating in this one. Already have done a couple of sketches. Thanks for sharing yours and the info. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do it! I always enjoy it although it is sometimes hard to keep up. Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. You have lots of energy to do the Inktober sketches and do them daily. Applause. This is so great, you have a knack for buildings. Uh, and people …. and flowers … and landscape …and seaside … and…...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, you are too kind (blushing). This forces me to make my ink sketches stronger if I don't add color. The ink has to stand on its own.

      Delete
  5. Wow another month long challenge! Good for you Joan; it looks like you are off to a good start. I like the wine bottle too. Happy sketching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. This one is easier than 30 paintings in 30 days.

      Delete
  6. I know that building in Park Slope. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete