Friday, October 20, 2017

Inktober Day 20 - Sayville Ferry Terminals & New Tiles

Today I sketched along River Road in Sayville. One after another there are ferry terminals/ticket booths to the different areas on Fire Island. The entire length of the street has street signs that say "No Parking April 1 - Nov 1. Of course that forces you to pay to park your car in the huge lot that was to my right. I ignored that and sat in my mobile studio to sketch this view down the street. I wasn't parking...I was sketching! LOL
#inktober #inktober2017


I recently did a few new alcohol ink tiles. I did use a different product to coat the tiles and protect them called Enviro Tex Lite Pour-On, High Gloss Finish. It really gives them a super glossy protective coating. It isn't too hard to use...just rather messy since you pour it over the tiles (which have to be raised up) so the finish coats the top and drips down and off the sides. Needless to say, your work area needs to be well covered. I'm happy with it!



5 comments:

  1. Joan your tiles are outstanding. I especially loved the last one. As for your sketch - you always capture something I love...glad to read you were not parking but sketching :)! That works for me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, Debbie, I appreciate your kind comments. Have a great night!

      Delete
  2. Always interesting stories to go with your sketches and always super too. I really like the last tile and the coating sound like a messy business. super work, Joan thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thank you!! The coating is messy but looks so much better than the spray.

      Delete
  3. Love the no parking reason to be there! Nice sketch. The tiles are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete