Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Inktober Day 25 - Lakeview Cemetery


For Inktober today I went to a historical cemetery in Patchogue that they have been working on lately.  They are having the Day of the Dead Event to raise money for the restoration. I am doing something for the fundraiser (see below). #inktober #inktober2017


As part of the fundraiser for the restoration of the Lakeview Cemetery the Patchogue Chamber of Commerce is holding a Dia' de los Muertos event at a steep price of $80 per person...too steep for me. One of my art organizations had interested artists purchase a plaster skull to decorate as a table decoration for the event. Then the skulls will be raffled off. Here is my contribution.



4 comments:

  1. Love your sketch, I hope my cemetery comes out good next week!
    The skull is perfectly done for Dia de los Muertos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo!!! I remember the Dia de los Muertos parade we saw last year.

      Delete
  2. I have never understood the concept of these skulls but you did a great job Joan. I also like the sketch and the touch of gold/yellow in the gate sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. I liked being able to add the gold.

      Delete