Thursday, October 19, 2017

Inktober Day 19 - East Islip Marina

Today's Inktober sketch was done at the East Islip Marina. This piece of equipment has been sitting in the same place for several years. At one point they were redoing that end of the marina but it has been finished for a long time. I used my twig, Chinese ink, and a stencil brush. 
#inktober #inktober2017


When I finished the sketch I decided to add some watercolors to see what it would look like. Some of the ink ran which surprised me since I thought it was permanent...which it was in most of the sketch.


The color changes the look of it a lot, doesn't it?




5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy seeing the before/after color. I like color, of course, but your expressive ink lines show more without color. I've had problems with Chinese ink running, too. Have you tried India ink? The consistency is similar to Chinese ink, but it's really permanent once it's dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just playing to see what happens. I have tried India ink in the past. Before taking KK's class that was what I used.

      Delete
  2. I love the added color Joan. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the colour does make a difference. I like both of them but I think the B&W best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I’m always torn whether I like the original or after adding color. Can’t decide, merits on both sides. Heh, heh.

    ReplyDelete