Saturday, October 28, 2017

Inktober Day 28 - B&W and Color

Today two friends and I decided to head north a bit and see if there was any color on the trees. We stopped in Dobbs Ferry in Westchester County which is under 1 1/2 hrs from home. Yes, there was more color than here, but I think this year won't be a good year for color. We are expecting a big storm with heavy rain and high wind which will probably knock a lot of the leaves off the trees. Anyway, Dobbs Ferry is a very hilly town. We parked at the top of a rather steep street that had a bit of a view of the Hudson River. I decided that would be the view I would sketch. Of course the best spot was right in the middle of the top of the street, but I couldn't actually sit there. Instead I stood in the middle, moved when a car came, and sketched standing up. Then I inked the pencil sketch. This is how the ink sketched looked when I posted it for Inktober Day 28 today. 
#inktober #inktober2017


I just couldn't leave it as ink only. It was calling for color, color, color! So I added a bit. lol



5 comments:

  1. A little color is better than none! I think we must be getting all your color over here. . . it's been one of the best autumns EVER!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - just a bit of colour - lol. I think that the colour makes the picture although the sketch is nice too. Somehow the colour give the painting the depth that it needed to show that you were at the top of the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tina. You are lucky!

    Kate, thanks so much.

    Val, thanks. I think the color was necessary to get the full effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sketching. B&W and color. Wow!

    ReplyDelete