Sunday, October 22, 2017

Inktober Day 22 - Dune View & Dyckman Farmhouse Part 2

It was sunny and warm this morning so I decided to go over to the beach to do today's Inktober sketch. #inktober #inktober2017


The NYC Urban Sketchers continued our day at the Dyckman Farmhouse in Manhattan as part of our urban sketching day with USK Indonesia. This old, Dutch farmhouse was interesting to sketch from all sides.


At the end of the afternoon I was sitting on top of a picnic table (photo below) looking up toward where some of the other sketchers were working. I didn't have much time but I did capture some of them at work.


Just in case you were wondering why I sat on the picnic table...if I sat on the seat the hill blocked the sketchers who were working up there.


Before heading off to the Inwood Bar and Grille for refreshments we posed for a group photo on the back steps of the Dyckman Farmhouse.


As always we met afterwards for drinks and food...a great time to sketch some of the sketchers on the other side of the table. We had a lot of people for "show & tell" this week so there wasn't a lot of time for people sketching. We were too busy looking at everyone's sketches.



I will have to check to see if USK Indonesia has posted anything from their day.


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketches! I love the group photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great turnout! I like to sit on park tables, too. . .otherwise I'm too short. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get a big group. It helped that the weather was perfect.

      Delete
  3. These are all just super, Joan. I especially like the Dutch farmhouse. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. Great group, happy you had fun.

    ReplyDelete